Choosing to hire a roofing contractor is an important decision for any homeowner. The roof protects your home from the outside elements, keeping you and your family safe inside. If you are considering hiring a roofer, these tips will help reduce the cost of your next replacement!
1) Always get multiple bids before making a final decision on who should do the work.
2) Consider companies that offer flat rates or estimates based on square footage rather than hourly rates.
3) Be sure to ask about labor warranties- how long they last and what happens if there are unforeseen circumstances while working at your property?
4) Notice what type of materials are being used in their other jobs- metal roofs last longer but can be more expensive
5) Find out what type of certifications and licensing the contractor has.
6) Only allow the contractor to do work that they are licensed for.
7) Make sure that there is an on-site manager present at all times while work is being done.
8) If possible, do not allow the equipment or materials to be stored at your home overnight.
9) Make sure that any debris is properly disposed of and cleaned up.
10) Ask about how they plan to clean up-do not allow any toxic materials near your plants or shrubs.
In conclusion, hiring a roofing contractor is an important decision. However, by following these tips you will be able to reduce your costs and help ensure that everything goes smoothly throughout the process! If you follow these tips, your roof replacement will be less expensive and easier than expected!